Once staying at home is becoming too difficult to despite having access to Community Aged Care Services, it is time to speak to your General Practitioner as they are in the best position to help you address any changes in your health. After consultation with your GP, you need an assessment by the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT). In Victoria, ACAT is known as Aged Care Assessment Services (ACAS). The assessment is free of charge and it will determine whether you require high level (known as nursing home) or low level (known as hostel) respite care. You, family members or your GP may contact ACAT directly for an assessment. Once you have obtained the assessment and approval from ACAT you can then approach any residential aged care homes. Click here for more information on how to enter an aged care home.

If you are looking for a Chinese specific residential aged care facility committed to providing the best quality care and modern facilities for residents and peace of mind for your families, it is recommended that you consider On Luck Chinese Nursing Home. Our staff are fluent in a wide range of Chinese dialects including Cantonese, Mandarin, Hokkien, Teochew, Hainanese and Hakka and provide personalised care for our residents of Chinese backgrounds and cultures. Our nursing home team strongly uphold Duty of Care and Continuous Improvement to be one of the best Residential Aged Care Facilities on top of being a Chinese Specific Aged Care Nursing Home.